Walden Recreation Ground, Chislehurst
WALDEN RECREATION GROUND, VICTORIA ROAD, CHISLEHURST BR7 6DF
Walden Rec is linked to Chislehurst Rec through a pathway through Whyte's Wood and can be found at the top of the hill. There are entrances via Victoria Road and the cow path leading to and from Kings Quarter and Elmstead Lane.
Access on foot:
- From the high street - via Empress Drive or go through the alleyway between Sainsbury's and Williams Chemist's or take the path next to the library and from the library car park. Then follow the signs through the woodland path to Walden Rec.
- From Walden Road - enter the footpath into Chislehurst Rec and turn left and walk up through Whytes Woods.
- From Red Hill - Access from Victoria Rd directly into Walden Rec.
- From Elmstead Lane and Kings Quarter - follow the "cow path" directly into Walden Rec.
- From Kings Quarter - access the Rec via the footpath that runs at the back of Kings Quarter.
- There is NO access from Ingleby Way.
Buses: 61, 160, 161, 162, 273
Train: the nearest station is Elmstead Woods. Turn left and walk up the hill. Cross straight over the mini roundabout, cross the road and turn right on the corner of the Elmstead Bupa care home (104 Elmstead Lane) and follow the pathway into the Rec.
Disability Access: Walden Rec is principally undulating grassland with path access and can get a bit boggy in places after heavy rain. If you have a disability and require help with access, please contact us in advance of the event at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do all we can to assist you with accessing the venue.
Car Parking: There is no parking in Victoria Road on the day of the event. Parking in the Rec is strictly restricted to stallholders, some volunteers and some performers. There is no public parking.
Public car parks are available
- Behind the library (access the path to Chislehurst Rec via the ramp at the end of the car park and follow the signs to Walden Rec)
- Behind Thai Dine and Dixons Post Office in the High Street (cross the High Street and go down the footpath by the side of Williams Chemist, turn left into Empress drive and follow the road round until you see the gates to Chislehurst Rec. Enter the Rec and follow the signs to Walden Rec
- At the top of Chislehurst High Street by the Red Cross (Hornbrook House car park)
If parking on residential roads please be respectful of the residents and do not block access.
Rock On, Stay Safe!
For everyone's safety and enjoyment, please bear in mind the following:
Performance Areas: There is a limit to the number of people allowed in the performance areas at any one time. Please respect the marshals' instructions in the unlikely event this number is exceeded.
First Aid: If you require assistance, please make your way to the first aid tent as shown on the site map.
Lost Children: Any lost children will be taken to the first aid tent. A PA announcement will be made on stage for the child's collection.
Leaving the event: Please leave in an orderly way, respecting our local residents.
Lost property: Lost property will be taken to the Friends of Chislehurst Recreation Ground marquee, near the main stage. After the event, please contact us via email@example.com.
Dogs: Dogs are welcome but must be kept on a lead at all times, please. Dog water bowls can be found at the focrg marquee.