How to volunteer at Chislehurst Rocks
We really need your help!
Chislehurst Rocks is a free music festival and family fun day organised by FOCRG with the expert event planning skills of Lollipop Events. Our aim is to showcase local talent as well as providing a fun day out for the community. 2018 will be our 8th successive year.
There are several ways you can help at Chislehurst Rocks.
Can you volunteer some of your time at the event, on Saturday 30th June? We try to divide the day into 2 or 3 hour shifts and ask people to commit to one or more definite slots for their preferred tasks. There are assorted jobs like...
Before the event:
- Displaying posters and/or banners
- Inviting friends and family to the event
- Handing out fliers (at Chislehurst Summer Fayre on Saturday 9th June & at the Festival on Saturday, 30th June)
- Preparing the site the day before (Friday 29th June)
30th June - Setting up 8-11 am:
- Moving barriers, gazebos/furniture, straw bales, setting up banners and decorations
- Decorating the VIP tent
30th June - During the event, noon onwards:
- Manning the activities and accepting donations
- Manning the VIP marquee and/or bar and/or food serving
- Manning the Focrg marquee
- Litter picking, monitoring the loos!
- Marshalling queues and collecting donations at the free activities, including decorating the woods
- Seeking donations (Chis Rocks is largely funded by donations/ grants which is how we keep it free admission with free entertainment)
- Helping with workshops, as required (noon-5pm)
- From 10pm - directing people off site and last push for donations/Rock sales; taking down the site.
After the event:
- Sunday morning - cleaning up and sorting everything out
- Volunteering to help next year!
If interested in volunteering or helping please fill in the form below, or get in touch with me: firstname.lastname@example.org or mobile 07783036295.
INFORMATION FOR VOLUNTEERS
See the document below for detailed information for volunteers.